Thursday, June 10, 2010

Speed On Your Ball.

Bowling Tips For
Getting More Speed On Your Ball

Here is a tip for those of us that have trouble getting more speed on the ball or need a little more zip in their arm swing. This is a method that I have used from time to time and seems to work quite well. Now this is an exercise so if you have a physical problem do it with caution please. Here it is I take an empty milk jug and fill it with water. Make sure the lid is tight. Then every day in a stationary position, I will swing the jug as if I am swinging a bowling ball. You go from your push away all the way making sure you extend in your follow threw. I will do this only about 10 to 20 swings a day, I will do this a week or so in those times when I see my ball speed dropping and soon I am back on track. I know it is a simple little exercise, but it does work so if you are able try it. Now you can adjust the weight to fit your needs, if a milk jug is to heavy find a smaller bottle or do not fill it up as full, if you need something heavier use a dumbbell. I do not recommend y6u do this with a bowling ball though. It is just a simple little drill that works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Bowling is a great indoor sport..it's growing in popularity all around the world..and i think one you should keep in mind when you are playing game is that you should have your own bowling style.
    Bowling Club Sydney

    ReplyDelete